My progress

Myfitnesspal gave me this cute little tracker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, February 1, 2007

Knit Night

This last week was a week of firsts for me. Last Thursday I went to my first Knit-A-Long. We'll be making an Aran (and more!) afghan. The first block is cabled and I am 4/5ths done. I've decided that I am going to try to knit this afghan continental and see how it goes. So far it goes slowly and less accurately. It does roughly look like a cabled block, though. Last night I went to my first Knit Night at my LYS. It was really nice. I even brought along my troublesome scarf that I am knitting for my friend Emily. I wanted to find out if there was ever going to be hope for it to lay flat. It is rolling something fierce now. I was totally reassured that it will be OK. I am considering getting blocking wires, though. All in all I shed a bit of my hermitude and am learning a lot about knitting from a wonderful bunch of gals at my LYS. It's been great!

No comments: