My progress

Myfitnesspal gave me this cute little tracker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Back again

Wow, it's been about forever since I blogged.

I've started something new, though, and I want to have a place to come and put some thoughts down about it.

In January, when I got back from vacation I went to see my physician for a yearly check-up.  She told me that my cholesterol was too high and she gave me 3 months to improve it.  I'm pretty sure that if I don't make a significant improvement she'll put me on medication.  Medication I probably wouldn't need if I ate right and exercised more.  So. . . that's what I am trying to do. 

I've downloaded MyFitnessPal and acquired a fitbit to track my exercise.  I've dusted off my gym membership and I am logging every. single. thing. I. eat.

I'm trying to hold myself accountable for the shape my body is in.  No one else can.

I'm still mom, still work at a wonderful place in Portland, I STILL KNIT.  I still spend too much time in front of a computer or an iPad, but I'm going to try this and see how it goes.  I think it can only be better.

One of my goals is to lose some weight.  The day I started tracking what I eat and weigh I weighed 149 lbs.  I'm really not sure what my ideal weight is, but I think I have some clues.  Back fat.  Muffin top.  Bingo Flaps.  These are my enemies and I will see them gone.  I would like to see my collar bones. I can't remember the last time I saw them. 

I'm setting my initial goal to be 125lbs.  I'll adjust as I get closer to the goal.

No comments: