My progress

Myfitnesspal gave me this cute little tracker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Little things

A week ago a friend of mine reminded me of a sad happening. One of the yarn stores in downtown Portland was having a going out of business sale. I'd never been to the shop before, it is not on my beaten path, but I knew that the owner of my LYS was friends with the owner. I thought I would drop by and see what was left.

I bought 7 skeins of sock yarn. Beautiful. It is sad, though, the store was nice, and they had a great selection. It is a loss for all Portland area knitters.

My son, however, was delighted by one of the skeins I chose, a yellow/green Koigu.


Like his father, he only wears "short socks" but that's all the better because I only had to use one skein. I'm sure I'll find a use for the second.

Oh, and I read the new Harry Potter book. It was better than I expected it to be, and it surprised me more than once. Delightful!

This evening we went to the Washington County Fair and ate and road some rides and watched the rodeo for a couple of hours. It couldn't have been a better day.

Tomorrow morning I am going to walk with the gals. I need to, that burrito was HUGE!

No comments: